Island Hotel, Restaurant & Bar

Cedar Key, FL  

This is not an active listing. Please visit the inns for sale page to search our active listings.

The Island Hotel is a rustic beachy inn, restaurant & bar located in the quaint little town of Cedar Key. There are 10 Guest Rooms, 60 Seats inside the restaurant and 35 in the Bar. The outside courtyard can also hold 60 seats with an outdoor Bar. There is seating off the porch of the restaurant

The town was founded in the 1850s but in 1861 it became the western station on the Florida Railroad, the first link across the state, originating in Fernandina on Amelia Island. Cedar Key is a clamming, fishing, and artist village. The village holds two festivals a year, the Spring Sidewalk Art Festival and the Fall Seafood Festival, that each attract thousands of visitors to the area.

Cedar Key is one of the oldest ports in the state, and when Florida’s first railroad connected it to the east coast, it became a major supplier of seafood and timber products to the Northeast. Today, it has become a haven for artists and writers, who find the unspoiled environment inspirational to their work. Many people visit each year to walk the historic streets, browse the shops and galleries, explore the back bayous, and enjoy the world-famous restaurants, featuring seafood fresh from local suppliers

For the nature lover, besides world-famous fishing and bird watching, you can find fabulous nature trails to walk in the nearby Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge. Guides are available to take parties for off-shore trips to the outer islands. A public marina with boat docking is available. Federally protected sanctuaries, the Cedar Keys form a chain of barrier islands, ideally suited to a vast range of migratory and shore birds, including the elusive white pelican, roseate spoonbill and bald eagle. The variety of natural habitats, from salt marshes to Indian shell mounds, makes this truly a nature lover’s paradise.

Property Details
  • 10 Guest Rooms
  • 10 Guest Room Baths
  • Has Owner's Quarters
  • Built in 1865
  • Last Renovated in 2004
  • Opened in 1884
  • Building is 10,012 SQFT
  • Photo Gallery
  • Property Website
Financial Details
    Contact Information

    This property also appears on these pages: