The Dolan House - in Historic Lincoln New Mexico
Offered for sale at $629,000
Are you ready for a safer, quieter life with less stress and no crime? Only 50 people live in Lincoln. Cost of living is significantly less expensive in this rural setting. Work from home, run a business in the home (as we have been doing), raise a family, or retire. Ride with real cowboys who work and live in the area. We ran a small restaurant, had two rooms as a gift shop and one rooms for a B&B. If you didn't want to run the restaurant and gift shop there would be 4 bedrooms for B&B's. All restaurant equipment, pizza oven, milk shake machine, dishes, pots and pans are all included in the sale. All you need to do is get your licenses and hang the OPEN sign and you are ready for business. There is NO place to eat in Lincoln or Fort Stanton which is only 9 miles from Lincoln. Going east from Lincoln the next place to eat is Roswell, New Mexico - 65 miles away. There is lots of room to do special events and weddings. This is a great opportunity.
Live in a historic place made famous by Billy the Kid, Pat Garret, Jimmy Dolan, and others involved in the Lincoln County War in 1878. You can also actively participate in the annual reenactment of the Escape of Billy the Kid from the Lincoln County Courthouse – the first full weekend of August.
1. Five-bedroom single level (3,466 sq.ft) with two full baths - a total of eleven rooms – four currently configured for the business.
2. Recently restored inside and out.
3. Adobe construction – built in 1888.
4. Propane furnace.
5. Woodstove and propane woodstove.
6. Large working fireplace and 2 original decorative fireplaces.
7. City water and onsite septic system.
8. Three-car attached garage/shop (22ft x 42ft).
9. Three-sided machinery storage shed (12ft x 32ft).
10. Small outbuilding (10ft x 30ft) with Hwy 380 frontage that can be used as a retail shop.
11. A total of 2.56 acres with 1.1 acre-feet of 1855 water rights from the Rio Bonito.
12. Plenty of room for a garden and horses or other animals.
13. Large newly fenced pasture – has successfully contained goats.
14. Listed on the National Historic Registry.
15. Gift shop, B&B, and small restaurant were in operation until Covid shut things down.
1. Good schools nearby in Capitan - 12 miles.
2. Very little traffic.
3. Lots of mountain trails for riding horses or UTV’s.
4. Hunting and fishing nearby.
5. Winters and summers are mild.
6. Good internet service.
If you have any questions, please give us a call, or send us an email. View our video at https://youtu.be/17e6Iu5W5D4
- 2 Guest Rooms
- 1 Guest Room Baths
- Has Owner's Quarters
- Built in 1888
- Last Renovated in 2019
- Opened in 2008
- Building is 3,466 SQFT
- Lot is 2.56 Acres
- Photo Gallery
- Offered for sale at $629,000