InnShopper > Inns for Sale > Vermont > Wilmington > Old Red Mill Inn

Old Red Mill Inn

Wilmington, VT  

This is not an active listing. Please visit the inns for sale page to search our active listings.

The Old Red Mill Inn, 18 North Main Street (Rt. 100 North) is located in The Historic Village of Wilmington in Southern Vermont, and is listed in The National Register of Historic Places.
The "Mill" us a two-story framed building with a full basement and half story attic. Originally constructed in 1828, it is sided with wood clapboards and has been red since a post fire reconstruction in 1905. It became a restaurant in 1939 and twenty five guest rooms were added on the second floor in 1955 when Mount Snow opened for skiers that same year.
The building structure survived Tropical Storm Irene on August 28, 2011. The exterior received only minor damage but all mechanicals were destroyed. They were replaced by mid December of that year and everything is up to current Vermont Code requirements. A fire sprinkler system for the entire building was completed in 2015.
The Inn sits on a one-acre parcel alongside the North Branch of The Deerfield River. The balance of land, three acres, is on the other side of the river. There is sufficient parking on two levels to accommodate house guests and patrons of the 150 seat restaurant. A full service bar adjoins the dining rooms.
Due to the Village location and spacious dining rooms, The Mill is used frequently as a community based reception facility for weddings, retirement and funeral receptions, Chamber of Commerce events, etc.
Currently the Inn/Restaurant operates for a four month skier season form December through March and again for the summer tourist season from Memorial Day through Foliage.
The restaurant serves premium steaks, fresh fish and assorted other entrees in a fresh American style and bar menu is included. The summer outdoors restaurant is a combination of the two. Ownership and management has been the same family continuously for 42 years.

Property Details
  • 24 Guest Rooms
  • 24 Guest Room Baths
  • Has Owner's Quarters
  • Built in 1905
  • Last Renovated in 2011
  • Opened in 1939
  • Building is 10,000 SQFT
  • Lot is 4 Acres
  • Photo Gallery
  • Property Website
Financial Details
    Contact Information