Big Red House
Offered for sale at $849,000
- The “Big Red House” is a 5 bed /5 bath house located on Washington Lake in Yulan, Sullivan County New York, just two hours from NYC. It is unique, as it is the remaining portion of a historic hotel. In 1995 it was essentially rebuilt following a fire, but still contains the special charm of its past.
- The house is blessed with “location, location, location”, with great lake, open sky and sunset views.
- This home would be ideal for a large family, a multi-generation family compound, a bed-and-breakfast, writer’s retreat or a hunting-fishing lodge.
- The lot is approx. 4.2 acres, with 310 feet of shoreline on the 58-acre Washington Lake. The lot includes a large lawn area as well as a wooded area behind it, offering a significant buffer from the adjacent neighbor.
- With its lake orientation, the house is usually full of sunlight and gentle lake breezes.
- The main level has a large open layout that consists of the living and dining areas as well as the kitchen. The original bar is beautifully refinished and serves as a large kitchen counter.
- On the lakeside there is a large main floor porch and a long second floor deck (for sunrise coffees). The south side has a 2nd floor deck overlooking the long yard.
- The house is being sold “as is” which means the sale price includes fully furnished so you can be ready to rent or enjoy on your first day of ownership. Most of the furniture, kitchen equipment, televisions and wall hangings remain.
- Also included in the sale are 2 kayaks, a paddleboard, a canoe, 2 rowboats and outdoor furniture.
- There is also a large storage shed, an outdoor shower, a large white-stoned firepit, a beach for launching watercraft, a dock, and plenty of parking. There is also a large pantry off the kitchen with a second fridge, as well as a wood burning stove.
- There is further potential value in the property as it may be subdivided to include additional residential structures, which might possibly allow for a “compound” expansion or sub-dividing. The parcel is zoned R-2, which allows without special use permits a B&B, carports, garages and swimming pools. Please consult your land use attorney for details.
- There is a 3rd floor unfinished attic that extends the entire original footprint of the building, approx.1,200 s.f. This could be converted to additional residential space, a studio, owner’s unit, etc.
- Please contact email@example.com for a more detailed description. PS- some GPS such as Mapquest show a Maplecrest Road in front of the property... this road hasn't existed for decades!
- Potential Inn
- 4 Guest Rooms
- 4 Guest Room Baths
- Has Owner's Quarters
- Built in 1890
- Last Renovated in 1995
- Building is 2,400 SQFT
- Lot is 4.2 Acres
- Photo Gallery
- Offered for sale at $849,000
- Terms: Not presently being rented.